The Project led by our Alumnus Alper Osman Aydemir (UG - Mechatronics’06), took place in the international media channels like BBC, Wired, IEEE and national media channels like NTV, TGRT Haber.
The purpose of the project, 3D modeling methods to provide everyone in the world to use easily and for free.
Alper Aydemir and his team created the website (www.kinectathome.com), access to 3D mapping application and 3D modeling methods. You can also upload these models into other websites, such as YouTube, or even the place.
The News of the Project:
- NTV: 3 boyutlu görüntüleme / Türk araştırmacı Alper Osman Aydemir projeyi NTV'ye anlattı.
- TGRT Haber
- BBC: Scanning plan aims to help robots in the home
- Wired: Scanning Your Home With Kinect Could Improve 3-D Robot Vision
- IEEE: Kinect@Home Wants to Start 3D Scanning the World
- Bilgi Çağı: Kinect@Home ile robot teknolojisine siz de katkıda bulunabilirsiniz.
About Alper Osman Aydemir:
He graduated from Sabancı University Mechatronics undergraduate program in 2006 and completed his master studies at Stockholm University. He is near to graduate from KTH, Royal Institute of Technology, Phd program on robotics.
We wish further success to our alumnus.
Alumni Relations Office